Blog Archive

Monday, September 10, 2012

Look of the day- Cute Empire dress

Empire waist dress or Empire cut dress or Empire dress is a type of dress or maybe a blouse where  the waistline is raised above the natural waistline or sometimes higher somewhere below the bust line. This design is supposed to camouflage a bottom heavy figure or a thick waist- it covers the extra curves (in unwanted places) of the body....
However, not all Empires are created equal...instead it could reveal the undulation that we thought are discretely hidden. Just like what I have here...
I was once strutting in this dress in one of the malls in Malaysia...well I thought I was looking sexy in this dress when I last saw myself in the mirror before I left the house...but after having lamb chops and cheese cake at the Secret Recipe, I felt "weirded" and a bit annoyed by those ladies who kept on shoving to my face their brochures every time I pass by their stall that sells those "MAGIC GIRDLES"...I thought it was odd....but I did realize soon after when I went to an intimate apparel shop and the saleslady tried to offer me stuffs for pregnant women....WHAT!...and so this dress went straight to storage and stayed there until....Now I have the solution.
The solution: Wide belts in darker color/shade- we all know that a belt puts the curves in the right place and hides the extra bulge. The darker color creates and illusion of slimmer waist. It has to be a wide belt to cover from the empire cut line to the natural waist line..also it makes the torso look longer.

I have only two wide belts in my closet so here's how they look...
I would wear with this belt on a more formal occasion or to a party or dinner date, put on some heels and hoop earing...

with this belt it is more on a casual tone....

For today I choose this look.
Just right for going around town in a sun shiny day
with simple necklace.
with guitar or probably it's a ukelele designed  connector ring
with flip flops and an anklet.
My Mood- of -the- day

My Thought- of- the- day
.....Stay in Style.....

No comments:

Post a Comment