Blog Archive

Monday, August 27, 2012

Alter Fashion 2

Have you ever had a piece of clothing that you've gotten sick and tired of wearing because You've worn it in different combinations and pairings possible or you simply cannot wear  them because the elastic band had become loose or the zipper is broken or a button is missing and yet you cannot let go of it?

We have so many reasons why we hold on to a dress, blouse or skirt or whatever item it maybe but unless we find a way for it to become useful again, it will only weigh us down..it will only add clutter to our space, and that is not a practical way to live.

I have here an example of one piece of clothing that used to be a Midi skirt. I had these for years and had paired it with different blouses and belts....until the elastic band weakened. Instead of replacing the elastic band, I altered it into a one-shoulder blouse as you can see on the picture.





There are so many possible ways to alter the skirt, but I wanted to retain the ruffle detail with  less sewing and cutting.

Let me know if you'd like me to show how this was done.

Stay in Style without spending.

No comments:

Post a Comment