Blog Archive

Saturday, August 25, 2012

Alter Fashion 1

When you've got so much style yet limited resources, creativity kicks in. That's when you make changes, alterations, recycling, and re-purposing of what is available at hand.....and I call this Alter Fashion.


The first Alter Fashion I will show is just a simple T-shirt alteration...from a short sleeved to halter shirt. You can cut off the sleeves according to the amount of shoulder exposure you'd like. To ensure you do not over cut, wear the T-shirt first and mark the location of the cutting...use a washable marker.





Another one is reviving an old sandal ...most of the time wedges gets either soiled or scraped over time so to make it look brand new, just cover it with something like a yarn or cloth...here I use the yarn.
The yarn is crocheted to make it wider and more textured. Then with some water-proof multi purpose glue, attach the yarn layer by layer.



These will be for now, I will post more later...I hope you like it.

I would like to hear your comments...and thank you for reading..


No comments:

Post a Comment